Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Top 10 Things Overhead at Audrey's Summer Camp:
10) I hope that one of my 700 mosquito bites is from a West Nile carrier so that I can get out of the rest of the week.
9) Do my parents even care what I'm doing right now?
8) Is that one of our camp counselors or a completely uninterested passer-by? It's so hard to tell the difference.
7) Audrey, I'm going to text your mom and if she has an ounce of mercy in her soul she will let us leave early.
6) It's hotter n' balls out here.
5) Unless this t-shirt cost $99, this camp was totally not worth it. Oh wait, that was me that said that.
4) What the hell is Army Day? Oh, we get to crawl through a forest on the buggiest, stickiest, hottest day of the year pretending to throw ourselves on grenades? Actual war would be more fun than this.
3) The combination of sunscreen and insect repellent seems to have created a toxic goo that is melting my fingernails but somehow still not keeping away the mosquitoes.
2) My parents said that this camp was all they could afford. I'll remember this lesson in frugality when the time comes to pick out their nursing home.
And the #1 thing overhead at summer camp:
1) This is the worst summer camp ever. (Unlike numbers 1-9, this one was actually overheard by Lauren)
Posted by Lynn at 9:16 AM