We are headed down to Disney World with Audrey's BFF Grace Anne and her mom Aimee. We'll be going to the Magic Kingdom, and maybe Sea World or Epcot, as well as meeting up with the Big Daddy clan.
I haven't traveled with Audrey since we moved back to Chicago in 2007, and in this post from last summer I explained the fear and dread that came along with me even thinking about taking a vacation with her. All of which still apply.
Only I could get stressed about having to try to relax and enjoy myself. Here is a just a sampling of the free-floating anxiety batting around my head:
- How in the hell am I going to pack all of her supplements for the 4 days and nights that we will be there? There are gozillions...some of which need to be refrigerated and others that are just disgustingly vile. If cod liver oil leaks out onto our clothes will it wash out or would I have to burn and bury them?
- How many pages long would a social story have to be to get Audrey through this trip? I wouldn't know because I haven't even started on one yet. *hyperventilating*
- I've got to remember where I stashed all of our summer clothes and hope that there are some that have not been outgrown. By me, that is.
- What if Big Daddy and I have nothing to talk about? "Hi." "Hi." "This is weird." "Yeah." "OK, so..." "Yeah?" "Yeah." "I like your blog." "Cool."
- Does it count as weight-loss if I shave off a couple of pounds of leg hair and dry heel skin before I go?
- Toon Town just closed for a 2-year renovation project the week before our trip. Just my freaking luck! Never mind that Audrey has never been before so won't know what she's missing out on...it's still qualifies as a curve ball, people!
- "I should really think about getting a new swimsuit. Let me just get online here for a second and check some out. Or maybe I should try to save money and try on some of my old ones. Ack!" When did I turn into a fucking Cathy cartoon?
- How many fully-charged electronics will I have to carry on to cover the length of the flight? And will I have to pack a separate suitcase to fit all of the chargers that I will have to bring to recharge them for the return flight?
- Which is worse: the cankle-icious look of giant white athletic shoes paired with capri pants or risking ringworm and traction, but looking more fashionable, in flip-flops?
That was all just as I was brushing my teeth this morning. And then while I was flossing...